Saturday, December 11, 2010

Using Nature for Christmas Decor

I love bringing in nature and organic things whenever I can. I went on my usual run on the bike path and stumbled across these and brought them home. Pine sprigs.

I saw a Pottery Barn photo that was similar that wrapped twine or whatever it was around the hurricane. I loved the look, so I tried it with the pine sprigs. I just separated them from the branch and then laid them around the hurricane in a circular pattern.

Here's more of a close up. The little red ornament balls are from the dollar bins at Target. I think I used a total of 5 or 6 packages. You can also leave the pine sprigs out and just use the ornament balls, as I was doing before I found the pine - (see the first picture). I got the idea about the ornaments from another Pottery Barn photo (can you tell I like PB designs?) to use small ornaments as vase filler. The dollar bins at Target are a lot easier on the wallet though for just the same look!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty and festive! I love that it didn't cost too much to put together. ;)

    ReplyDelete