Thursday, December 23, 2010

Table Centerpiece

I made this centerpiece for my table earlier this week. I made some more shimmer candles that I wanted to display so I "shopped my house" for some decor to pull a centerpiece together.
I had this black wooden tray in my master bathroom that had some rocks in it as filler as well as 2 candles. I got the tray at a garage sale for $1. So I emptied out the rocks and put them in a ziploc bag to use later. I went through my gift wrapping and found this shimmer stringy stuff that's almost like tinsel that I used a few years ago for some clear gift bags.
I laid the shimmery "tinsel" on the tray, then I placed my shimmer candles on them. I grabbed some of my mini ornaments from the dollar bins at Target that I was using in my glass hurricane and sprinkled them around the candles. I figure after Christmas I can remove the red and green ornaments and put in some more silver and gold ornaments and it will easily last through New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment