Friday, October 28, 2011

Living Room Couches

I've been meaning to write this post for a while, but we finally got our new set of couches. I sold our brown sectional on craigslist for $250. I didn't have a new set yet, so for several weeks I combed several different areas of craigslist. (My husband said next time we buy the new couches or furniture BEFORE getting selling the old.)

It seriously took several weeks of looking. Hours. My dream couches were the Pottery Barn Basic, but full price they were $1500. Each. So I looked at tons of slipcovered sofas hoping something would fit the bill. Long story short, I found these sofas on a craigslist listing for $700 dollars. They are from JCPenney, and they look exactly like the PB Basic. After doing some research I realized that the couches were made to the same quality as the PB ones. Perfect!

I called the lady and offered $600, and she actually took it! They were brand new, the loveseat still had the plastic wrapping on it. She had moved into a small condo and realized that the couches were too dark for the space so she went to ZGallerie and found another one. She gave me the receipt, she had just paid over $2000 for them a month and a half before.

Another plus? Down the road if we want new slipcovers they are HALF the price as Pottery Barn. And I've seen them on ebay for less than half the price as retail. Needless to say I am thrilled with the couches. So... with the 250 dollars of the sectional and the 600 dollar price tag, I just got a new pair of $2000 couches for the frugal price of $350 total out of pocket. This is why I LOVE craigslist, and why its worth HOURS of looking.

1 comment: