Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Conquering the Clutter

Since its spring I thought I'd show you what I have been up to the past couple of months. Downsizing. Serious downsizing. Do I need to? No, but if I'm not using it, why store it? I remember when we went through all of our baby items that we donated or gave away to friends. We aren't having any more kids, so instead of sitting in our garage why not let it bless others? I was really surprised as we took that last truckful of donations how I felt an emotional burden lifted off of my shoulders that I didn't even realize that I was carrying! I felt like I had lost 10 pounds just looking at the garage!

I wrote about purging and the 40 trash bags in 40 days challenge in September. You can read that post again here. Sarah at Clover Lane is doing it again this year.

As I look at those empty buckets, I feel such gratitute to see them empty. The items in those boxes are blessing someone somewhere.

The Nester blogged some great thoughts on all of this. In this link she talks about the finding a good deal syndrome. In this link she puts her final thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment