My boys got a new closet floor in their room. We were not expecting to do this project, but take a lesson learned from me: DO NOT STICK WET GOODS IN A CLOSET! I had a #10 can of peaches on the floor as well as some other food storage items. Well, turns out that the can got botulism and exploded in the closet. Except...we didn't know for a couple of months. None got on the boys clothes, but seeped out and oozed over the other dry goods that were in there for food storage. So, goodbye carpet in the closet and goodbye to the closet doors! (Syrup from the peaches oozed out onto the track, so we pitched them as well since I want to eventually put bifold doors on)
|So here is the closet in its "raw" form after the floor being thoroughly bleached. The kids slept in their brother's room for a week.|
|I was able to get these vinyl squares on clearance at Lowe's for 44 cents each. Super cheap, and they have the glue on the back already.|
|I used a ruler and then scored the plastic with a razor blade so that the desired piece would snap off.|
And voila, the finished product.